Wednesday, April 18, 2012

04-01-12; Murder

This dream was particularly terrifying. I am sleeping at my boyfriend's house alone in the woods. The neighborhood is quiet, yet populated. In my dream, someone was trying to come into the house through the front door. They were either a burgalar, a rapist or a murdered, I am not sure. All I knew was that my life was in danger. I laid in bed frozen, weighing my options. I could play dead, but that probably would not work. I could agree to have sex with him just so I wouldn't get raped (ew). I could hide under the bed..but my car is in the driveway and they would probably figure it out. I could get up in the top bunk bed and try to hide under the mattress, but that didn't seem feasible. I could try to hide in the shower, but it had glass doors. Finally, I decided that if he were to get the door open, I would have to run out the back door at the same time. But which neighbor should I go to? There is an old lady next door, but she probably would not be much help. There is an old man and his wife across the street, but would they hear me banging on the door? I was convinced that the neighbor to my right was the one trying to get in. Also, my cell phone had no service so I couldn't call 911. Not to mention, the house is out in the sticks and they would probably never get there in time.
So I decided I needed a weapon to defend myself. My boyfriend had a .22 shot gun near the door..but I couldn't remember where he kept the bullets. I could try to hold it up just to scare the intruder away, but he probably had a gun too. I could run to the kitchen for a knife, but I was blanking on where my boyfriend kept the big huge knives. If only I had my pepper spray, but I had left it in my car, which was locked. Finally, I chose the aluminum baseball bat sitting in the corner of the house. As I got up to retreieve it, my cat jumped up at the door and pulled the curtain back, revealing the intruder's identity: it was just a shadow. 
I woke up and could not sleep for the rest of the night. I was convinced that someone was trying to get me. I listened for any sound that would detect an intruder. The next morning, I asked my boyfriend to buy some bullets for his gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment